Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Pop the Question

I could preface this blog with a number of thoughts going through my head.  The best way to illustrate this wonderful life I live (and that's not sarcastic) is just to replay my telephone conversation with my one and only, son.

Me:  Hello, Son

Son: Hello, Mother (it's a strange, but very endearing greeting.  I smile every time I hear it)

Me:  I was calling to check if Tess would like a Caribou or Starbucks gift card for Valentine's Day, but I think, I've decided to get something else.

Son:  When's Valentine's Day?

Mother:  Oh, Isaac!  Where have I gone wrong?  I tried to do the best job I could...

Son:  You did...when is it?

Mother:  Valentine's Day is February 14th and it is the same day every year.

Son:  OK

Mother:  I suppose I better mail your Valentine's gifts before Valentine's Day...that way you will have the reminder...Isaac, it's next Friday.

Son:  OK, thanks.  

We ended the call with an, "I love you."

When I got home, I was telling the girls and Chuck about our conversation.  The girls giggled, "Oh, Isaac...Poor, Tess...."

Chuck paused and simply stated, "That's a valid question."

No comments:

Post a Comment