Sunday, August 12, 2018

Grown and Flown

I remember the day that you were born.  I required two epidurals and even threw up during your delivery.  Though it wasn't necessarily a difficult pregnancy and delivery, you would be considered my "hardest delivery."

I remember a time when you were left home for the first time without a babysitter.  Isaac was in charge. While we were at a wedding, you called throughout the evening--crying and demanding we come home. I was upset, feeling our night was ruined.  I realized you weren't ready to be left home without a sitter, even if we thought you were.

Throughout the years you have taken your younger sisters under your wings; nurtured them as a mother...but, you also became a mother hen.  They would listen to you better than me.  Carley often stating, "We're afraid of Erika getting mad."

I appreciate the positive role model you have been to your sisters.  I love how your loyalty to your friends is fierce.  I am proud of your dedication to hard work; focusing on doing a good job while in the workforce and and applying your work ethic to your academia.   You impress me daily of how you have always remained true to who you are.

As you are ready to fly from the nest, I have no advice for you.  Though, I know this is difficult for you...and me, dad, Danielle and Carley...you are ready.  

You are ready.  Spread your wings.  Fly high.  We'll be the wind beneath your wings.

We love you.









No comments:

Post a Comment