Saturday, January 31, 2015

Are You There Mom? It's Me, Julie.

In her death, my mom always promised, she would be where she was needed, just as she told us, "She always sent Joey to be with the famiy member who needed him most"...so as I drove, I looked at the sky for a sign that she was there...I thought I saw her rays in the sky, but prayed that it'd be more evident...I really needed to pass this test...and know she was there...she was my first phone call when I passed it the first time...

At the registration desk, I was greeted by a grumpy, 30-something woman, who sat in her chair sideways as she provided sign-in instructions.  I checked my purse into a locker and returned my acknowledgement form to "the woman" who asked me, "Who are you again?"  Hoping the service I received was not any indication on how I would do on the test, I followed her into the waiting room where she told me to have a seat.

The testing room door opened and a women in her early 60's smiled and politely continued with the check-in procedures; which included a security scan and checking my pockets.  She then led me to the desk where we sat down face-to-face.

"Oh, I am SO going to pass this test!" I told Gretchen as I viewed her nametag while she verified my ID's.

Dumbfounded, she looked at me, then not knowing how to respond said, "Oh...really?

"Yes," I exclaimed with a huge smile on my face, "my mother's name was Gretchen."

I should have never doubted my mother's presence, but sometimes...and she knew this...I just needed a more subtle sign.

I passed!





No comments:

Post a Comment