Friday, October 3, 2014

Time is Money

I just don't have time.  When am I going to find time?  I wish there were more hours in the day to get everything done..  I'll get to that...tomorrow...I'm too exhausted today, besides that, it's eight o'clock and it's bedtime.

I've read two books, that I bought online.  Loving the series, I was about to go online and buy the rest of the books, but then had time to think (and remember) there was this thing called the library.  Off I went.

My information was no longer on file and I had to sign up for a new card and then proceeded to reserve the books I wanted to read at, here it is...at no cost!  The library.  What a novel idea. (No pun intended).

I had time to drive to St. Cloud to return a textbook Chuck had ordered through Barnes and Noble.  What?  They wouldn't accept returns for textbooks at the store?  I was then told I should follow the instructions on the return label that I received with the order.  Hmph!  I went home and read the fine print.  It stated I could return the book to the store or with the return label, but postage would not be covered.

I had time to call customer service.  Within minutes I was emailed a new return label that would cover the postage.  Forget about the fine print,  it was worth the time I took to make the call.

Chuck had been taking the time to remind me, daily, that he was out of cologne.  The Goodwill Sale.  Yes.  Perfect timing.  I carefully went through my closet for clothing items I didn't like anymore and found ten items.  Ahhh...the 30 minute drive to St. Cloud with my 10 items, netted me 10-25% off coupons.  I bought the cologne.  I had a time to spare (240 minutes) before the kids got home and nine coupons left in my pocket.  Might as well kill some time, right?

120 minutes later, I walked out of the store with not only the cologne, but winter jackets for my three daughters.  When they got home the smiles on their faces were worth every minute of my shopping trip.  And when one jacket was too small and I had to make a return trip to the store the next day to exchange it for the right size; I took the time and made it worth my while and found myself a winter jacket with one of the remaining coupons.  On the way out of the store, I handed the rest of the my coupons to a woman waiting in line.  She responded, "THANK you!  You don't know how much time this will save me.  I was going to have to put them on hold and come back after work!  You saved me a trip!  Thank you!"  She made MY day.

Sometimes, during the day, I can hear the clock tick away each second and watch as it turns into minutes.  But, I've come to realize that with each passing hour, I'm happier than I was months ago.  So are the kids and Chuck...and we can't forget the dogs...and that's worth my time...all of it!






No comments:

Post a Comment